Last year at about this time, I wrote a list of New Year’s Resolutions for 2012.
Do you ever go back to your list from last year and check on whether you followed through on your resolutions, or whether you forgot about them the moment you put your pen down?
I realised that with all my talk about New Year’s resolutions, I hadn’t gone back to check last year’s list. I got brave and dug it up this week; the following is a report on how I did at keeping my promises! I also make new resolutions for 2013.
1. I intend to love God more; go to church more often,force myself to stay till the end of the service and try appreciate the church girls((i don’t like church girls).
< Partially Done. I didn’t love God more (unfortunately) but I made friends with lots of church girls(which is all good)
2. I intend to be closer to my family; i have not been the best brother(most senior at that)
< Errr I don’t know about this one.
3. I intend to read my anatomy, biochem physio and histology text books more. And leave the internet(i knw it wont be easy, bt i’ll try)
< Done bt partially again. I didn’t leave the internet
4. I intend to stick to make more male friends and reduce the size of my female friends *side eye*
< Partially done again. Drastically reduced my female friend database bt I didn’t make more male friends
5. I intend to dash my small single male friends girlfriends by force; Tobi this is your year. Gaga, Emeka, Yinka, Gabriel….. Come to think of it all my male friends re single. *Moving on*
<There was no point.
6. I intend to make more money off my parent. I hope he don’t get to read this though. Don’t blame me please i barely ask them for things, but they always insist i do. So imma just grab while I can.
< I was touched by the holy spirit(moving on)
7. I intend to have more fun (whatever you like u can say to this one). But I have realised it’s the best way to exercise the heart, mind and soul. You think I’m wrong? Try it. (And this isn’t for under 18 readers o!)
<I sure had more fun last year.
8. I intend to grow my hair more. I might even weave it at some point.
< I DID!!!!
9. I intend to put an end to my coke and gala attitude and put on weight. Well i av been intimidated a lot. A tiny bird told me i lost MR ASSON cos i was how i was*i av no idea what this means*
< I did stop the coke and Gala bt I didn’t gain weight
10. I intend to write a book or two. Maybe a biography who knows.
< I did. Never completed any though
11. I intend to put smiles on more people’s faces. And for my special one, I intend to make her feel like the most special girl on planet earth.*winks*
< I did make her feel special but she didn’t return the favour
12. I intend to move around more, maybe travel outside Nigeria at some point.
< Moved around a lot! Went to ghana too.
13. I intend to SAY NO TO
*STAYING INDOORS *check
* biting my finger( i knw i cant keep to this) *failed
*Maltreating my Dog(promise to feed it 5times daily) < he died (╥_╥)
I have added more that I hope to keep to in 2013 in addition to the ones I didn’t complete last year.
*. I will try to figure out why I *really* need nine e-mail addresses.
*. I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I’m not a clock watcher.
*. I will read the manual… just as soon as I can find it.
*. I will think of a password other than “password.”
*. I will not tell the same story at every get together.
*. I won’t worry so much.
*. I will cut my hair.
*. I will grow my hair.
*. I will stop considering other people’s feelings when they so obviously don’t consider mine – if that unwashed fellow sits next to me again, I’ll tell him he stinks!
*. I will be more imaginative.
*. I will not hang around girls – they think you love them and that sucks.
Happy New Year!